Shallow Group....Precious and dear to my heart.
This school year Chad and I desided to serve during our Sunday School hour. I am working the Children's desk, greeting families and helping children find their classes. Chad is a greeter at the entrance to the sanctuary. I have been in a Sunday School class since preschool. This was a hard step for me. I need to be connecting and have intentional relationships that challenge and help me grow in my faith.
A gentleman and leader in our church challenged Chad and I to be "organic" and start something on our own. We started to pray about it and we felt a passion leading us to start a small group. We started praying about the other couples and what God wanted this to look like. It was thrilling to see God just opening doors to conversations and leading us to have the same passion. We met with some couples over the summer and continued to pray as to how to go about this.
We now meet every Sunday night for 3 hours. We take turns meeting in our homes. We go out on date nights, guy nights, girls' prayer time, etc. This group has become family. These families are committed and God has honored this and protected these Sunday nights.
We are doing this precious "light hearted" study right now by Focus on the Family called Essentials of Marriage.
Now to address where our name came from
Shallow Group
The men and leaders of these families and homes have been under a lot of stress and attacked. It has been an honor to pray and support each other.
One of the families is opening a gym. We spent a evening writing scripture on the floors and walls and praying over every inch of it.




No comments:
Post a Comment